This section is full of the questions Team Swag receives about Swagged Out Stock, kernels, themes, requests and the EVO 4G in general.
Be sure to check out the posts below before asking questions.
Q: I just upgraded to v184.108.40.206, when I press the left button, it doesn’t do anything! Also, the right button just goes to the personalize button, how do I change these?
A: Detailed instructions can be found here: Dual Remap Dock.
In short, go to SOS Tweaks (in your app drawer) and go to the options for Dock Button Remapping. Pretty self-explanatory from there, but if you need help, use the detailed instructions. More questions after the break.
Q: So I just updated to v220.127.116.11 and then I flashed my favorite SWAG FLU or SNAP BACK SWAG theme. How come I still have a bunch of Ice Cream Sandwich icons?
A: The full ICS theme was built-in to this update. To return to a more Sense/stock experience with your SWAG FLU/SNAP BACK SWAG/ICE CREAM SANDWICH theme, flash the Re-Sensifier Theme.
Installation instructions can be found here: SOS Blog – Installation Page
Q: Why is my EVO bootlooping? It’s almost like I’m not doing anything, then I look down and my EVO is on the boot screen (Android with the mustache).
A: There are many things that can be causing bootloops at the end of the day. I will tackle several of them, but everyone must realize that some ROMs are going to play nice with their EVO and others are not. If you have more than one bootloop a week, though, you are probably causing it. Not trying to be a jerk, just sayin’… On to the solutions:
- Check your kernel. You must be using Freedom Universal, Chopsuey, Golden Monkey, Poonsense, or the stock HTC kernel. If you are using Freedom for Synergy or God Mode, there’s your problem. If you are using a Froyo kernel (like netarchy), then that will also cause problems. Stick to the recommended kernels for this ROM.
- Check your undervolting. The kernel that comes with Swagged Out Stock runs at the stock voltages. By undervolting your EVO, you can save a lot of battery. However, you this can also cause your EVO to become very unstable – causing bootloops. lithid-cm’s Freedom kernel has a lot of options for undervolted kernels. Use the more extreme options with caution!
- Check your clock speed. If you are overclocking your EVO, this will most likely cause an occasional bootloop. My last EVO bootlooped when I ran it at 998MHz max and Performance governor. Be careful! I have my EVO set at 768MHz and never notice lag – just so you all know.
- Are you using a task killer? This is rare, but probably the only other option that could cause a bootloop.
- Did it happen when you were using the camera or during a phone call? This has actually been reported when using a completely stock 4.54 ROM (unrooted and all). So, blame HTC for this one, not Team Swag.
If your EVO is bootlooping in a very random or frequent manner: do a full wipe and re-flash the latest version of SOS. Be sure to only restore necessary app backups.
If you still notice bootloops… contact Team Swag. We’ll see what we can do. XDA is always the best option, you will get the help of the rest of Swag Nation at the same time.
Q: Okay, I’m going to do a “full wipe.” How do I do that?
A: Easiest way, that should be tried first and foremost: Go to recovery (preferably Amon RA Recovery or TeamWin’s Recovery Project) and select Wipe all user data/factory reset. Do this step 3 times. At this point you can flash the ROM.
Now, this is all you should have to wipe because the Cache and Dalvik Cache are included in the Data partition (which is wiped under this selection). Other partitions are wiped during ROM installation. However, it is never a bad idea to go in and manually wipe these other partitions manually.
To perform a super ultra wipe, perform the following steps with Amon RA Recovery:
1. Click wipe ALL USER DATA/FACTORY RESET.
4. Click wipe CACHE
5. Click wipe DALVIK CACHE
6.Click wipe DATA
7. Click wipe SD_ANDROID SECURED
8. Click wipe BOOT
9. Click wipe SYSTEM
10. Click wipe BATTERY STATS
Q: Why is my WiFi/4G not working after flashing SOS?
Q: How do these new Essential Apps Packs (EAPs) work?
A: It’s super easy! Team Swag removed (almost) all of the included apps from SOS to reduce ROM size. The EAPs makes your life easier.
For the Full Essential Apps Pack, download the flashable .zip: here. After installation, go to the app drawer > open ES File Explorer > navigate to /SOS/Ess_Apps > you will see a list of .apks, go through and install each app you want one-by-one.
Alternatively, for the Basic EAP (found here). There are some apps placed in the SOS/Ess_Apps folder (non-Market apps). For the Market apps, go to the app drawer > open App List Backup > hit Restore > now, select each app you want selectively.
Congratulations, you have a ROM that only includes the apps you want. Enjoy!
When you are done adding apps, simple delete the SOS folder in the root of your SD card.
A video tutorial can be found at this post and is probably a good watch.